Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What I Like Wednesday Awards!

Amanda from The Little Yellow House awarded me with a Blog Award. WOW! I've never gotten one of those before but am so thankful to have received one.  I'd like to thank... just kidding.  Haha. Anyways here are the rules to keep these awards a-passing!
Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award

The 10 Questions (and my answers, of course!)



1. Why did you create this blog?
I started this blog as a personal journal of my life, the blessings in it, and the trials I have endured through God's grace and favor.  I write to remind myself of the Lord's movement in my life and also to share a little bit of myself with those who want to read about the various "everyday imperfections" that this house wife encounters.  I hope that you are encouraged, inspired, and above all else enjoy reading it. 


2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
My favorite blogs always have to do with house renovations and decorating.  I really enjoy WRITING cooking blogs, but don't necessarily enjoy reading them, only because they can be so recipe-esque.  I try to "beef up" (forgive the pun) any of my cooking posts by making them, if nothing else, humorous in some way.



3. Favorite make-up brand?
Errrrrrr, covergirl?  I have a lot made by them, but not necessarily intentionally. I really am a sucker for pretty marketing and that's about the extent of my make-up preferences, although I do enjoy E.L.F. because it's pretty cheap.


4. Favorite clothing brand?
Tarjay? Haha. I used to work at Victoria's Secret, so I have an extra soft spot for anything PINK. Also, good ole Betsy Johnson, Ezekiel, & BCBG.


5. Indispensable makeup product?
Concealer & Bronzer



6. Favorite color?
Kelly Green



7. Favorite perfume?
Again, being a previous VS girl, I am prone to but not limited to their perfumes, Love Rocks, Heavenly, LIVE Pink, & also Noir Tease.  However, as of late I am absolutely loving Betsy Johnson's.


8. Favorite film?
I think a series would better suit my answer and I say Pushing Daisies hands down.  If I could live as Chuck, I totally would. I cry cuteness every time I watch it. 


9. What country would you like to visit and why?
Italy.  I don't think I need to answer why but if you must know... Pasta, Pizza, Cappucinos, Art, & History - it's all there.



10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Forget one eye with mascara since I'm not heavy handed in that department - the hubs loves blush so I gotta keep my bases covered.


And now to pass along this award, here are just a few of my
 favorite blogs, both new & old & in no particular order.



Corynne from Crynfiction
Danielle from The Cate 8
Lissa from Humble Pie
Sasha from Lemonade Makin' Mama
Alysia from Alysia Juanita
Lauren from Journey To A Johnson
Megan from A Little Cate Family
Sara from The Lovely Lemon



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you so very much for this sweet award and congratulations for your own award. I've been to Italy once and it was the best time of my life. better than my wedding or my honeymoon. it's completely romantic there! Thanks again for thinking of me!

Kendra said...

When did you go to Italy? Lucky girl. I hope to visit there someday. I love reading your blog & love your sense of simplicity & style. I also enjoy your advice for keeping a tidy home. :] Thanks!