Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Makes Me Say Uh - I want that!

So, I had another go at it - a little more focused this time - KITCHENS & DINING/OUTDOOR ENTERTAINING.  It's pretty easy to see from the below photos that I am a majorly geeking out for these particular details.....

  • big ole barn/apron sinks
  • OLD reclaimed wood planks - put em' anywhere I like em.
  • stainless steel appliance OR vintage appliances, I faint at either site.
  • barn style lighting fixtures
  • black & white vintage checkerboard flooring
  • damask wall paper (seen in the photo #8) - so nostalgic and very Pushing Daisies, LOVE.
  • white subway tiles backsplashes
  • mix-n-match seating for a more kitchey entertaining space
  • open shelving to show off my pretty dishes
  • vintage dishware (a no brainer, hello)
  • glass/mason jar food storage/organization
  • fresh herbs
  • butcher block countertops (anybody have them? how do they hold up?)
  • also, marble countertops, great for baking!
  • bright pops of color here and there
  • ivy covered walls/exposed brick/exposed beams
  • big ole chunky range hoods
  • barn style dining room tables
ENJOY THE EYE CANDY! I SURE AM!
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.


What kinds of decor and home organization do you absolutely love?  I am such a nut for a cozy, welcoming setting - oh I forgot fireplaces!  That's pretty much a deal breaker over here. What can you not live without?  Wood floors?  Stainless appliances? Pyrex kitchenware like me? Do tell, do tell!

2 comments:

Danielle Grose said...

Big yards!! I love being outside. Our house has a more modern contemporary look, lots of black and silver. I love all sorts of different styles though.

Kendra said...

I like contemporary too, but barn & cozy styles just make me swoon. I'm for big back yards too, well big in a sense - over half an acre is a lot to mow haha.