This recipe is posted specifically for my dear friend Sara Kent, although you may enjoy it as well! Apparently my husband told her about my Panera Bread facsimile of their famous Broccoli Cheddar. Sometimes I just can't bear to buy a cup of soup for 6 dollars, and sometimes I can't not! So I gave myself both options of either making it myself when I'm feeling like a homebody or going and getting the "real thing." Hope you enjoy it, I think it tastes strikingly similar.
- 4 bread bowls (sourdough)
- 2 cans of Cambells broccoli cheddar soup
- 1 can of Cambells cheddar soup
- 3 ‘cans’ of whole milk (I prefer whole, makes the soup more hardy)
- 1 12 oz. bag of broccoli, fresh or frozen (I use fresh)
- Preheat oven 275 degrees.
- Combine all three cans of soup into large pot, add three cans of milk.
- Whisk until well combined and stir continually on medium heat.
- Get out medium size pot, fill half way with salted water. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, add all of broccoli. Cook to liking (or when tender & bright green).
- Add bread bowls to oven (bottom shelf) & set timer for 15 minutes.
- Once broccoli is cooked, add to food processor*. (You can leave out a few florets for a garnish if so desired). Blend to liking, I personally like it pureed.
- Add puree to soup and whisk again. Allow all to heat through.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Retrieve bread bowls, fill with soup, and garnish with broccoli floret.
- Serve hot & enjoy. Keep leftover soup separate from unused bread bowls.
*if using an immersion blender instead of a food processor, add whole florets to soup, then pulsate.