Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 3 - My First Love

Lucky me!  I get the write about one of my most favorite things in this world - my best friend!  For me, my first love is also my last - my husband, Pete.  We fell in love when I was 17 and were married a short two years later.   We will have been together 6 years this April.  Crazy.  I really can't imagine my life without him.  My life has changed so much since we have been together, and it has been the most exciting time of my life.  A few fun facts about him are as follows:

  • He is mildly, okay severely, obsessed with Kobe Bryant.  At first I was all, ick. But I have to admit after many a Laker game, I do appreciate Kobe's "mad skillz" and educated articulation during interviews.  Plus he's from Italy and can speak like 3 languages, I'm down with education & Italy.
  • Pete wants a motorcycle and has for many-a-year, but thank the Lord (really) that that dream hasn't come to fruition - it scares me to death, although I do enjoy his sense of adventure.  Let's just channel that adventuresomeness into some other activity, like under water basket weaving, please.
  • Husband is a pretty snappy dresser with good taste, but this means he's hard to buy for.  But if you are lucky enough to score big with something he'll love, (like a change jar that digitally counts your coins for you) his expression is all the thanks you'll need.
  • Pete is goofy to the max and if you have ever gotten the chance to see this side of him, you probably were left wiping the tears of laughter away.  I could share evidence for this, but I think you should just find out for yourself - it's better that way.
  • We have a mutual love for these things: Jesus, traveling, photography, all kinds of music, IKEA, Big Train Chai, coffeeshops, shopping, big band music, Food Network, our baby (the Honda), Canada, Italy, cooking together, The Pink Panther, any Apple product, hockey, sweet kitchens, In & Out,  & dry dorky humor (plus much more, there's just too much to list).
  • Pete is really really good at whatever he sets his mind to - he can make the *best* cup of anything you'd like to drink, he is a self taught & very talented photographer, he's really great at figuring out anything electronic (computers, cameras, websites, etc...), he's a great athlete (National Ping Pong Champion a few years back...), a great student - (even though he'd say he hated school, he's always ready & willing to learn), a hard worker, and a REALLY great husband.
  • He's also great friend, someone you can really count on. He has a heart of gold.  
  • He's an amazing leader, teacher, and friend for the kids in our church's youth group - the fact that they love him so much and look up to him is evidence enough. 
  • Lastly, he really tries to give me the world even though all I need is what I got and that's him!
So, here's to you my love!  You're my beginning and my end and I can't wait to grow old with you.  I love you more than all the fish in the sea and all the stars in the sky!

(On Our Honeymoon - Cozumel 2007)



1 comment:

Sara said...

This was really sweet to read! I feel like most couples (I must say thankfully) don't get all gooshy in public, so you never really get to hear all about all the little things that make them perfect for one another. Very sweet Kendra.

I've seen the goofiness first hand...you really aren't lying. Just get him and Ryan together and all bets are off! lol