Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 4 - My Parents!

Well I may be a little biased but I'm pretty sure I got the best pair.  After 25+ years of marriage, I can still see how much they love eachother.  I think after I got married, I really saw how much they loved one another because I better understood establishment of marriage.  I am forever thankful for the way they raised my brother and me and their continued support throughout our lives.  They have warmly welcomed my husband and sister-in-law as their own children and I am so happy to call this pair my very own.


Dear Dad is a postal carrier and loves his job.  He delivers mail to the ever coveted route of a beautiful beach community and is what the shop owner's call "The Mayor" of the city in which he delivers.  Why?  Because of his charm, friendliness, and general joy for people & life.  As a whole, my Dad is compassionate, helpful, and humorous.  He is always there to lend a helping hand, give educated advice, or fix something that's broke.  Although he may be a man of few words, his words are full of wisdom and are well-seasoned with life.


Beautiful Mom works as a receptionist/catch-all at their church and enjoys being about the Lord's business. She is caring, generous, funny, calm and sentimental - a real softy.  We chat on the phone often (she lives a couple towns away) and I miss living close but treasure our visits that much more.  Her character of gentleness, genuineness, and love for her kids & others has always remained a constant in my life.  Not to mention, she is an organizational wiz - must be where I get my need to clean (well sometimes it's a need - haha).

LOVE YOU BOTH!
(all genuine photos)

No comments: