Skill Rating..............medium, hot flame
Serving Size.............table for one
Prep Time...............5-10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 piece of pita bread
- Your choice of veggies (tomato, onion, pepper, etc....)
- 2 slices smoked ham
- fresh fruit
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 cup cheese (block or grated is fine)
- olive oil/coconut oil
- Crack egg open. Add milk. Beat well until pale yellow & well combined.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add choice veggies (I used one baby tomato for GB)
- Add cheese; grate or break up if in block form.
- Mix again.
- Turn on frying pan - medium high. Coat with olive oil or melt coconut oil. (I use coconut oil for Grandma, it's really good for the heart.)
- Prep fruit - slice and plate. Today I used fresh strawberries and half a banana.
- Add egg mixture to pan, it will cook up fast so don't walk away.
- Once egg is done, heat smoked ham in microwave - 10-20 seconds. You can use breakfast ham or even lunch meat; you can also substitute bacon or sausage here.
- Toast pita bread.
- Plate ham on pita, eggs on ham. Garnish with fresh mint (on fruit) or parsley (on eggs).
- ENJOY with a cup of freshly brewed coffee and a morning devotional.
And I quote, "Honey this is wonderful. Mmm mmm mmm." - Grandma