Skill Rating.............easy weasy
Serving Size...........2 dozen
Prep Time..............25 minutes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 (11-ounce) container refrigerated breadstick dough (recommended: Pillsbury)
- Finely ground sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Optional: line 2 heavy large baking sheets with silicone baking sheets or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grate the Parmesan, Gruyere and rosemary together until coarsely chopped. Set the cheese mixture aside.
- Separate the dough strips. Using a pizza cutter or a large sharp knife, cut each dough strip in half lengthwise to form thin strips. Working with one dough strip at a time, coat each strip with the cheese mixture, pressing very gently.
- Twist each cheese covered dough strip and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with the salt, if you wish.
- Bake until the breadsticks are golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the warm breadsticks to a basket and serve.
YUMMY OPTIONAL ACCESSORY:
Dip in store bought or homemade marinara sauce for another layer of flavor.