Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Challenge!

Upon discovering Lindsay's blog over on My Happily Ever After, I decided to tackle the 30-day blog challenge.  Now, keep in mind, these probably won't be 30 consecutive days, but hey - I'll give it a try.  A couple examples of what these blogs will entail include: favorite movies, a place I've traveled to, something I'm afraid of, goals, something I miss, etc.....  For me this will be a great way to hone in on my writing skills, but for you, it may be a total snore, or maybe you'll enjoy getting to know little details about me.  If at any time, I feel that it's getting to "Hey, Look at this girl!" (thumbs pointing to me) trust me, I'll spare the both of us.  But I thought it was a neat idea.  I might customize a couple challenges or come up with some news ones, but we both find out together!  Anybody else up for the challenge?  Comment if you're going to join in! Here's to Day 1!
Introduction:
For those of you who don't know me, Hi! I'm Kendra.  I have been married for over three years and am only 22 so that means I was just a babe when I said, "I do."  No regrets there, it was the best decision I have ever made.  We don't have any children, but want to in the future.  The husband, Pete, works at a well known coffee shop *cough sbux* and part time at our church, Calvary Chapel. I am a reading therapist for children who are behind their grade level or need extra enrichment.  Together we spend a lot of time serving in our church's the youth ministry and I help out with the worship.  Above all else, we love Jesus and want to glorify Him with our lives.

15 Interesting Facts:

  • My favorite snack is pretzel crisps with sharp cheddar cheese and an ice-cold coke.
  • I can't wait to see what my kids will look like someday. Will they have my eyes or his?
  • I drive my dream car, a 2004 galapagos green Honda Element.
  • My husband & I used to be professional photographers and still do it on the side sometimes.
  • When we were first married, we had a dog but we had to put him down because of his aggression.  Maybe we'll get another (more friendly) one someday, but not anytime soon.
  • I am reading through the bible in one year (for the 2nd time) - the bible is the most exciting book I have ever read and never grows stale with time or repetition.
  • I LOVE to cook and am trying to branch out to try new things like cooking with fresh herbs and eating things (like veggies) that I wouldn't normally try.
  • Because of this, my favorite TV channel is FOOD network hands down.  I wish you could pay per channel, I would seriously pay $10 a month just for that channel alone.  How come you haven't come up with that plan yet people?
  • Because of this, I have seriously considered(ing) naming my daughter (when I have one) Giada, (after the adorable and large-smiled chef, Giada Delaurentis). Don't judge.
  • I have my BA in communication sciences and disorders, i.e. speech therapy.  No, I do not help people make speeches who are afraid to do so, I studied speech impediments and other speech impairing disorders/behaviors.
  • I love to organize everything from my food pantry and junk mail down to the receipts and lipgloss in my purse - sickening, I know.
  • While growing up, my family did lots of camping and took at least one family vacation together a year.  I really hope to do this when our family grows; great memories to be had and I can't wait.
  • If I could live anywhere, it'd be Italy or France.
  • I wish I could just walk up to a beautiful house, knock on their door and ask, "Can I just see what the inside of your house looks like?"  I would love to crash houses for a living.
  • I'm a sucker for vintage dishware.
  • I love thrifting for anything - furniture to remodel, clothes to resew, canvases to repaint, anything I tell you!

6 comments:

Sara said...

This challenge sounds fun...perhaps this girl (thumbs pointing at self) will give it a try too! But in the meantime my friend I will so enjoy getting to know you a bit better! :)

PS
It's a bit funny to me that you would want to name your daughter Giada since I think that you yourself favor her in the looks department....cute!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm now a follower and I left an award for you on my blog!! :)
http://thelittleyellowhouseblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/wilw-and-awards.html

FDLE:OnlyPlace4Me said...

I don't have a blog...so I can't..but I read yours and Sara's a lot of times. :0 YAY

-Danielle grose-

Kendra said...

Sara - thanks for compliments! I think you should do the blog challenge too :]

Amanda - thanks for the award.

Danielle - you should start a blog!

Thanks all. Love the comment love.

Lindsay said...

aww it makes me happy that you decided to do this after seeing my 30DBC! Hope you have fun with it :)

Sara Doane said...

Wow...we have a lot in common! The 30 day challenge sounds like fun. And I've been enjoying the posts so far!