Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 6: A Picture of Something That Makes Me Happy!

May 9, 2005 was spent celebrating my Mother-In-Law's birthday!  Little did I know she would be my mother-in-law at the time, I felt a little intrusive celebrating with her, being her son & I had only been dating for a month, but I guess Pete knew I was a good catch (love you babe).  Not only were we celebrating her birthday on that day, I was also meeting his brother, his brother's wife, and their four kids that day too.  I now know I had nothing to worry about, but it was kind of a nervous overload for me that day (keep in mind Pete's brother was also the pastor of their church, and his Dad the assistant Pastor, so for some reason I felt a little extra pressure to impress - silly I know) Being it was our "one month" dating anniversary, Pete wanted to be sure to spend that day with me - what a softy.  I'll never forget that dinner at Don Pablos (which now doesn't even exist).  He had our waiter bring a rose to the table for me - sweet, but boy was I embarrassed for being the flower receiver when it wasn't even my birthday.... in front of everyone none the less - yikes.  I guess he really did feel strongly for me and wanted to tell everyone!  Anyways, here'a our very first photo together. Aren't we just glowing "love"?

(he's wearing a cast because of a car accident, he was hit by a drunk driver)

No comments: