Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vintage Storybook Painting Series

As I make a mad dash to the end of the week, I have had very few hours at my actual paying job.  I am a little bummed about this while I watch Pete running around like a chicken with his head cut off, and me not working at all, however, he assures me that it's okay.  He's too good to be true - really.  
Anyways, with my time pretty freed up (aside from applying for other jobs, cooking, cleaning, laundry, church, etc...) I have been trying to scramble as many items as I can for my upcoming show!  For those of you who have yet to hear, and I'd be shocked if you hadn't - I am in another art show this Friday!  To find out more info just click here!  Also, the reason for this post, almost forgot, is to show you my newest painting series.  I have always loved vintage children's picture books and have taken a liking to them even more so in my recent travels through cyber space.  Here are a few my newest paintings.  I think they would be absolutely adorable in a nursery, playroom, or even a "grown-up room" - why not add a little whimsy to your life?  Without further ado I bring to you.....

The Meek Mr. Fox
The Lonesome Song Bird
And All The Family Gathered 'Round

(Comments & Critics Welcome)

2 comments:

Sara said...

I am so in LOVE with Mr. Fox!! :)

allisonescalante said...

these are super cute!