Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Husband Diets.

Lately my husband has been on a health kick and when he is there is always a remarkable amount of lettuce in the fridge!  I figured he must be getting pretty tired of manatee's "meat," so I decided to make him a special, but healthy alternative for those munchie hours that all dieters endure! Introducing Kendi's Homemade Trail Mix!  Now these are Pete's personal faves. If you don't like any of these ingredients swap it out for something similar and you will have you very own custom trail mix!  Here's the ingredients I tend to swoon towards.

The Stuff:

  • 8 oz. roasted peanuts
  • 16 oz. can pecans (I put some aside since it's Pete's fav)
  • 2 small bags of craisans
  • 1/2 tall can raisins
  • 1 8-10 oz. can Dried Apricot
  • 1/4 bag Ghirardelli Mini White Choc Chips
  • 1/2 bag Trader Joes Honey Sesame Sticks
The only prepping for these ingredients includes cutting the apricots into halves or thirds.  Keep in mind, everything should be bite size if you swap out an ingredient.  Other than that, pour everything into a large mixing bowl and combine.  I poured mine into a cute little (lidded) glass container and set it out for him, while storing the extra in a huge tupperware container in the pantry.  Any body else getting a head start on their diets before the holidays?  Props to you guys! I'm afraid I don't have the will or self control to diet, however I think I will be joining in on the exercising once I get some fresh air in my beach cruiser.

No comments: