Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Santa's Got A Brand New Bag

Last Wednesday a good friend of mine and I went to IKEA - pretty much my second residence!  I wanted to check out their new Christmas ornaments and get another pot for my largely expanding herb garden, while my newly-wedded friend needed some other home-ish necessities. Little did I know I would stumble across this beauty in my travels.  Now let me preface this blog by saying  I have wanted a cast iron pot since before we were been married in 2007.  I registered for one, but of course it being somewhere in the $150 range, I didn't get one - hey a girl can dream can't she?  If you know me, three years is a long awaited purchase.  I'm a get it done kind of girl so my patience truly was a blessing - who knew!  However, the best news has yet to come - this was in the clearance section for........drumroll, 29 bucks!  It wasn't returned or damaged but was merely a display item not needed any more. YAHOO! And by the way, the bigger the "dutch oven" the more expensive and this one is huge measuring over 12 inches wide not to mention her nice oblong shape.  Needless to say I will find some use for it on Thanksgiving even if I have to serve rolls in it! Boy do I love a good - and long awaited - deal.

2 comments:

Sara said...

that's the BEST!

Kendra said...

:] can't wait to cook in it!