Sunday, April 10, 2011

His Return


Lately I have been listening to very poetic and meaningful songs, as you can tell by my playlist.  I particularly love the song "After The Storm" by Mumford and Sons.  It's on the playlist down below.  The lyrics are amazing and really make me thing of heaven and what God has done for me.  So lovely to think upon these things while listening to fantastic melodies and interludes.  Here are the lyrics:


After the storm
I run and run as the rains come and I look up
I look up - on my knees and out of luck 
I look up

The night has always pushed up day 
You must know life to see decay 
But I won't rot - I won't rot 
Not this mind 
Not this heart 
I won't rot

And I took you by the hand and we stood tall 
And remembered our own land 
What we live for 

But there will come a time you'll see 
With no more tears and
Love will not break your heart 
But dismiss you fears  
Get over your hill and see 
What you find there
With grace in your heart 
And flowers in your hair

Now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
But oh no more
That's why I hold
That's why I hold with all I have
Why I hold

And I won't die alone
And be left there
Well I guess I'll just go Home
God knows where
Because death is just so full
And man so small
Well I'm scared of what's behind
And what's before

No comments: