Thursday, September 2, 2010

Feelin' French

So tonight's menu consisted of the traditional teriyaki chicken skewers & Publix's fantastic rice pilaf.  It's a staple around our house, but I decided to mix things up a little for dessert, which in all honesty, I do solely for Pete.  I'm not a big dessert fan, lover of ice cream, or anything of the sort, but I do enjoying catering to my husbands sweet tooth, as well as trying my hand at the ole mixer every once in a while.  I was already at the grocery store when I spotted this little recipe card and thought it looked particularly tantalizing.   Now I'll admit, husband thought the greek yogurt on top didn't quite make the cut, but substitute that with some homemade whipped cream or maybe a little powdered sugar and you've got yourself a winner my friend!  Plus, the little buttery sweet delights look so gourmet you'll have your friends thinking you are a regular Betty Crocker- little will they know it only takes about 15 minutes to complete from start to finish.  Enjoy and indulge!  (Find ingredients & recipe by clicking on the 'recipe card' link)

No comments: