Thursday, December 30, 2010

Or I'll Blow Your House Down!

So the house is in shambles.  I knew it would be, but I still don't like it.  So far I have been working on packing all things hanging (art/pictures), all the curtains, books, and dvds and whatever else my scatter brain puts in a dark cardboard home.  I really pray that this is the last time we move for quite some time.  Three moves within three years of marriage is a lot, and its about to be four once we find our place of "permanent/non renting" residence.  Keep us in your prayers if you will, we hope to be up and out a week from tomorrow (we are totally NUTSO!).  I will post some embarrassing messy pictures when I get around to finding that camera.... but for now think cardboard/duck tape, can't see the floor, bare walls and bare cupboards and you'll get the idea.

Love to all,
The Currently Overwhelmed Packer

P.S.
My new job is going swimmingly.  Luckily (the Lord is so great at planning - much much better than me) this week I am at home watching training dvd's and don't have to go anywhere until next week - that's when the actual chaos will ensue.  But for now, things are going great.  Monday was my first day - I went into the clinic to have a two hour pep talk and introduction to every nook and cranny of what my job as a Reading Therapist will entail.  I am soooooo excited about what my new boss and I talked about and how they run everything - the establishment is a 22 year old well oiled machine at this day in age, how fitting as it was birthed the same year I was.  Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to pray as we step out in faith to find where our next step will be!

This passage (although I wouldn't consider house hunting too hard of a trial) has been very comforting to me, know that my heavenly Father wants me to be perfect and complete, lacking nothing!  I am so happy that this test is producing patience and that when I lack wisdom, I can just ask and it will be given and that when I ask in faith I am strong and without waver.

James 1:2-6
"2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."

No comments: