Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Is Bittersweet

With so many new things happening this Christmas, it is a little bittersweet for me.  Although we have been abundantly blessed this year, it is a little sad to know that we will not be spending next Christmas in this house, which we have made our home.  Spending two Christmases in one residence is quite the record for us so I'm a little sad to see it go, but not bitter.  I love this place, the memories that we have made for our marriage, and the blessing it has been to us.  The sweetness that comes with the sadness is that I have a strange itch to redecorate almost all of the time.  The Lord must have a sense of humor while knowing this about me because we obviously will be redecorating in the near future, being we are moving in t-minus three weeks.

As for our new location, my gracious in-laws are taking us in, once again much to my joy, really.  The first time we moved in with them after being married only a year felt like such a failure to me, world wise.  To be independent and living with my husband for a year, and then moving in with my hubby's family for the entire second year of our marriage seemed like the worst thing a girl could dream of, but it really was one of the best years of my life, and the closest I have ever been with the Lord.  It drew me closer to my heavenly Father as well as stretched my faith and trust.  Also, I am forever grateful to my dear family for getting to know them all the better, and for allowing them to get to know me that second year.  As for where we will be next, who knows but I will keep you all well informed.  My hopes are in Jesus, and the sky doesn't even limit Him.

Also, another bit of news, I recently got a new job as a reading therapist in a privately owned reading clinic, about two blocks from where I live now.  It's a great position, with great pay, great benefits, on the job training, and did I mention I am going to be a reading therapist?  Something actually applicable to my degree that I can do NOW without a graduate degree (which I have no desire to obtain)!!!  So in this season of sadness for my home, I am over the moon at the Lord's favor in general.  He has been in the midst of it all, whether it be provision, decision, or indecisions, I am thankful for a God that knows all and has a plan for mine & Pete's life!  But to tide you over, as this was a doosy of a post, here's what my house looks like all 'decked' out.  I pray you and yours may find the Joy of Jesus in this season, for He truly is the reason.

welcome.
homemade felt trees with button snow.
 a place to hang our christmas wishes & cards.
 the tree - quite the deal this year.
 the t.v. well adorned.
 my vintage pre-lit christmas tree made by my great aunt norma.
 i love this one the best.
 my christmas decor has seemed to take shape this year.
 stockings, hung with care.
 mittens, mittens, everywhere.
 Jesus, celebrating Him above all else this Christmas.

No comments: