Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Drooping for Jesus

Today I was reading my devotional and read this:
When I think of lowliness of mind, I can't help but think of flowers.  They are beautiful, lovely, and sweet, and the more mature they are and the bigger their blossoms, the more their heads bow.  And we also enjoy and benefit from the delightful perfumes made from their crushed blossoms.  What inspiring pictures of humility!


If I were a flower - hands down - I'd be a hydrangea.  They come in a variety of colors, sizes, and are a rare find in Florida.  Here's how to grow them - I find the suggestions to be very helpful for me as well.


Hydrangeas grow best in partial shade to full sun. They prefer morning sun and afternoon shade, especially in hot areas Hydrangeas need a lot of water. In fact the word "Hydrangea" comes from the Greek for "water tub"!  They grow best in rich soil, so dig in a lot of compost, and other organic matter, when you plant them, and mulch well. 


Interchanging my name I read this:
Kendra grows best in partial shade to full Son.  She prefers to spend time with the Son in the mornings and enjoys resting in the coolness of her Savior in the afternoons.  She needs a lot of watering and nourishing from the Lord as she is so dependent on Him in continual thirst for living water.  Kendra actually means "water baby" in that she needs it and loves to be in it!  She grows best in rich soil and needs lots of fertilization (read: help) and also needs constant refreshment to get remove the compost from her life.  When you plant a Kendra, mulch well (read: maintain often).


Just a little food for thought.

No comments: