Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Better Than New!

There is this fantasmic little joint about 15 miles down the highway from where I live.  It is only open on Wednesdays & Saturdays from eight to noon.  It's not often that I get to go down there because I usually am working on either or both of those days and because it's a little bit of a trip I am not usually motivated, but today I had a friend go with and it was tons of fun!  The conversations from the older ladies that run the place are entertainment enough. However, the loads of neat vintage and "nearly new" items that are fairly priced and hard to find put this place over the top.  It doesn't look like much from the road, but oh the treasures you can find if you have the time to dig!  Today I snagged quite a few nifties pictured below.
My favorites being first: two awesomely awesome "train cases" i.e. suitcases.  These are perfect for art shows because not only are they adorable, but you can pack all of your supplies in them while you commute!
chocolate brown & ivory in color and true to their name: nearly new!

The reason I actually went today was to snag a few items for an idea I saw on a blog entitled Red Velvet.  The tutorial seemed easy enough, so I have decided to give it a go and use them as displays for an upcoming art show I am in on November Fifth!  Here's the supplies I gnabbed!  
Some pretty little vases you say?
Some antique china? 
Put em' together and whattaya get?
Homemade, unique, and charming cake stands!
I just love them to bits!  I can't wait to epoxy them together and set up all my handmade jewelry and hair accessories! Are any of you doing any DIY yourself projects?  Anyone gettin' busy with some hot glue or even the serious gorilla stuff?  Do tell!

P.S.
Don't forget to stop by Canvas 6 on November the 5th!  I will be a featured vendor (blushing) and hope to see you there!  Plus, there will be so many actually talented artists that will be sharing their amazing work so stop on by!  Here's a link to tell you more info!  Also, bring a friend!


No comments: