Monday, June 20, 2011

Project Pretty

Hello all!  I have some fun updates I have been working on this past week.  As we are coming closer and closer to our move, *sigh* I am getting more and more excited about fun DIY decorating on the cheap!  You remember my $25.00 garage sale occasional table?  Here she is now!  
I haven’t decided on hardware yet, hence her lack of jewelry, but I LOVE the outcome so far.  I'm still debating which pulls I’ll go with, but I do know they'll be from Anthropologie.



Never the less, they don't need to be functional since there isn't actually a drawer there - she just for looks you know, as a lot of pretty ones are.

Here’s my latest re-model.  I am so in love, but alas this thrift store investment was only made in lieu of me selling it to make more dough, in order to buy more furniture to refinish & resell, in order to buy more furniture for us to keep!  Did you get that tangled web I wove?  Without further ado, here’s her wretched before pictures: 


And her tiffany blue afters. (picture #1 is most true to her color in real life)



Is it just me or is this baby the epitome of perfection?  Not to mention her lovely legs, charming original antique hardware, and did you notice those vintage embellishments?  Again, I’m in lurrrrrve.  Her drawers are even lined, ready to nestle all your wonderfully fashionable clothes.  

Oh and I bet you’re wondering about the top and why I left it original.  I find that leaving a piece’s top with the original finish adds more character - no it’s not because I got lazy after the ump-teen sanding, priming and painting hours.  It was actually an intentional design decision.  Also, with painted pieces, the color can be a bit overwhelming when it covers every surface, so a little change in texture/color can be a nice resting place for the eyes.  Catch my drift?  My husband didn’t get it, but I think she’s perfectly gorge, original top and all.  

Sticker price $225.00 - if I didn’t already own her, I’d pounce at the chance.  

E-mail here for purchase info: kendralovestosign@gmail.com 

No comments: