Thursday, July 28, 2011

An Abundant Life



mar·vel/ˈmärvəl/
Verb: Be filled with wonder or astonishment.
Noun: A wonderful or astonishing person or thing.

as·ton·ish/əˈstäniSH/
Verb: Surprise or impress (someone) greatly. 

won·der·ful/ˈwəndərfəl/
Adjective: Inspiring delight, pleasure, or admiration; extremely good; marvelous.

Marvelous, astonishing, wonderful, etc.... Lately, this joyful vocabulary has been in the forefront of my mind and on the tip on my tongue.  

I am ASTONISHED at God's favor towards us.  

Our home is nothing short of WONDERFUL.  

I MARVEL at God's love for His children and how faithful He is to bless them!  There is some serious marveling happening over here.  

This week, a certain passage has been resonating in my mind - I love when the Lord recalls His word.  The Holy Spirit has been so faithful to remind me of our abundance both past and present. 


Isaiah 55:8-11
8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, 
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. 
9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. 
10 “ For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, 
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." 

VERSE 8-
His thoughts are not our thoughts because He is omniscient - all knowing.  I am so blessed to know that God knows the plans for my life - he is in the driver seat, I just have to enjoy the ride.  No good thing will He withhold from those who love Him & obey His word!  What good news that is for the believer!  He's in control!

VERSE 9-
His ways are higher than ours because He is perfect and we have a fallen sin nature.  Of course the Lord does things in different ways because He has hindsight, where as we can only see what is right in front of us.  Sometimes only putting the next foot forward can be difficult, and I speak from experience, but the Lord knows what information we can handle and only gives what is necessary.  That's where faith comes in.  When in doubt, look to past experiences where He has come through before, He will be faithful to do so in current circumstances as well!

VERSE 10-
He is the GREAT provider.  His word waters us daily, refreshing our hearts and washing us clean.  Deuteronomy 7:12-14 it speaks of the Lord blessing those who are obedient to His word.  "He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your land, your grain..."  In other words, He's got us covered!  He will not leave us nor forsake disciples of his son Jesus Christ!

VERSE 11-
In my Christian life with the Lord, His word has NEVER returned void.  It has never disappointed and never have His covenants towards me been broken.  God is faithful to complete all that He promises.  I am so happy to be able to count on something in this life.  This world will disappoint us, sometimes people will disappoint us.  Money will disappoint, jobs will disappoint, but the LORD?  Never.  It's not in His nature.  I am so blessed by that fact.  Not only does His word never return void, but His word prospers our lives - He loves to give to His children.  The bible says in Matthew 7:7-11 that if our earthly fathers being sinful and evil (this is not a stab at my Dad, I love him and don't consider him evil at all!), although they love their children - if they can give good gifts to their children, how much more can our Heavenly Father give to His children who love and obey Him?  I can't even imagine.  

Our new home is a prime example.  It is beyond anything we need.  We are just two people.  We could easily live in a 500 square foot, fifth floor, have to go to the laundry mat because we don't have a W/D in the apartment, dwelling.  And we have.  We've lived in some pretty comical situations. (They're comical now, they weren't then...)  We certainly don't need a guest bathroom, a fireplace, a huge front porch, a comfortable neighborhood, and we certainly don't NEED to own our home.  But GOD! I love that phrase - BUT GOD; He loves us and wants to take care of us and even more than that, wants to bless us beyond reason!  

I stand in awe Lord!  Help me to use this home for YOUR glory, to bless others, to be a light in this dark world, and to shine for your glory not that of ourselves.  We love you Lord and are so thankful for your blessings in our lives.  Thank you God - we love You. Amen.

No comments: